找回密碼
 新用戶註冊
搜索
熱搜: hifi av 音樂
樓主: PhantomGTR

[CAS] 勁好聲、勁易用、又好 powerful 的 Snake-oil OS!

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2019-2-14 19:16:48 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 greenleo 於 2019-2-14 19:17 編輯
agent_kith 發表於 2019-2-14 17:35
If you want to create a network bridge you have to go here to download a "full network stack" kern ...

Hi Kith,

What you talk about network bridge is probably not correct in computer networking.  These computers are all in the same subnet (intranet).  Simplest connection: link them all to a router.  Another very simple connection: link them all to a switch and the switch is linked to a router.  There are situations that any of the above won't work. Then a computer with two LAN interfaces(one linked to the router or switch already) can make a network bridge.  Then another computer that joins the other LAN interface(rather than the router or the switch) can join the network.  You may google, say win7 network bridge.

Regards.

回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-14 19:47:32 | 顯示全部樓層
hksarac 發表於 2019-2-14 18:46
Agent Kith兄唔使廣東話的,中文已經可以,香港人看得懂的

謝謝你的大作

係。

用USB聲可能差啲。唔明原因,可能用啲野冇咁好。SSD 聽感好啲。但係其實係睇各人喜好。

蛇油係 LiveCD, 一reboot全部还原。如要长用可安裝至第二個USB,但係都建議用返 SSD.

回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-14 19:55:33 | 顯示全部樓層
greenleo 發表於 2019-2-14 19:16
Hi Kith,

What you talk about network bridge is probably not correct in computer networking.  Thes ...

If I remember correctly the packets will still go through the bridge if on different network. But could be wrong. I.e. if you have a network A and B in one side, and network A and C on the other, if you bridge the two. The two aide on A will see each other.

This is layer 2 on the OSI model. IP routing is layer 3. Which in theory is more efficient. This means your computer get to do less work. In my case I use another PC (pfsense) to do the routing. So the network my music PC sees is kept to its bare minimum.
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-14 20:27:16 | 顯示全部樓層
agent_kith 發表於 2019-2-14 19:47
係。

用USB聲可能差啲。唔明原因,可能用啲野冇咁好。SSD 聽感好啲。但係其實係睇各人喜好。

thx Kith      
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-14 20:43:09 | 顯示全部樓層
hksarac 發表於 2019-2-14 18:46
Agent Kith兄唔使廣東話的,中文已經可以,香港人看得懂的

謝謝你的大作

刚刚收到邮件说HQPlayer 又有问题。待我今晚回家后或周末看看问题出在哪。

暂时可先用MPD 或squeezelite.

今晚先到这了,大家晚安。

回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-14 21:47:03 | 顯示全部樓層
不知道跟Audio-Linux比較有甚麼不同之處呢
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2019-2-14 21:59:25 | 顯示全部樓層
darkfrank 發表於 2019-2-14 21:47
不知道跟Audio-Linux比較有甚麼不同之處呢

如果師兄有用開AudioLinux,不如燒隻手指嚟比較下。
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-14 23:41:35 | 顯示全部樓層
agent_kith 發表於 2019-2-14 19:55
If I remember correctly the packets will still go through the bridge if on different network. But  ...

The packets must go through the network bridge and then reach the gateway, the one responsible to connect two or more different networks.

No need to talk about the 7-layer OSI model or the 5-layer Cisco model.

The network bridge just changes the topology
from Device A ------Router (or switch ) ----- Device B
to                             Router (or switch ) ------Device A ----- Device B

This daisy chain topology let A send packets to B and avoid the noisy router/switch.

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-14 23:51:19 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 vhs 於 2019-2-15 02:09 編輯
greenleo 發表於 2019-2-14 23:41
The packets must go through the network bridge and then reach the gateway, the one responsible to  ...

Yes.............direct ethernet connection between Roon Server and Roon Endpoint is crucial for SQ......at the same time Roon Sever is required to be connected to wireless router for remote control....network bridge of dual NIC of Roon Server provides such....
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 00:13:53 | 顯示全部樓層
vhs 發表於 2019-2-14 23:51
Yes.............direct ethernet connection between Roon Server and Roon Endpoint is crucial for SQ ...

In your case, that just means that the link between device A (ROON) server is connected to the router through WiFi.  The topology is the same and hence is still a network bridge.  I conned the term WiFi network bridge in this case in my other thread.  This approach forbids the noises that come from the router to A through LAN cable.  A kind of 電氣優化。FMC is another type of 電氣優化。
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 00:16:03 | 顯示全部樓層
greenleo 發表於 2019-2-15 00:13
In your case, that just means that the link between device A (ROON) server is connected to the rou ...

Yes........

In my case, no more FMC....
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 00:18:29 | 顯示全部樓層
vhs 發表於 2019-2-15 00:16
Yes........

In my case, no more FMC....

Wise.  FMC is another 理論在實戰上敗下陣來的例子。
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 00:20:23 | 顯示全部樓層
greenleo 發表於 2019-2-15 00:18
Wise.  FMC is another 理論在實戰上敗下陣來的例子。

Yes............
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 11:34:51 | 顯示全部樓層
vhs 發表於 2019-2-14 23:51
Yes.............direct ethernet connection between Roon Server and Roon Endpoint is crucial for SQ ...

Using a different subnet is a direct connection too, and it's also a dedicated "private" road between your server and endpoint (The endpoint can't see anything else except for the roon server). This article explains diff between L2 and L3.

1. With bridging, the path is not private. Things can be forwarded back and forth if the bridge deem the other side requires it. e.g. Broadcasts. In my home network, I have a lot of IoT devices (lights, switches, vacumm cleaner, etc) and they all broadcast on the network so they can find each other. In a bridge, that broadcast message will be seen (and discarded) by the endpoint.
2. Speed. I played with software bridges on Linux a while back, it just feels slower when compared to IP routing.

Why I suspect routing is superior and more efficient: The PC only see the packets you intend it to see. You don't see any other network noise (e.g. from Apple bonjours, etc).

Your setup is ideal to test IP routing on Ubuntu as it'd only take 1 hop. For my home network (because I'm not using a L3 switch), even though the path is private (VLAN), it is not direct (switch -> router -> switch).

BTW, forgot to mention this last night. Although you can get bridging and routing (AKA IP forwarding) with that full network stack kernel. There is nothing in the WebApp to configure them right now. For now you have to go to the command line and execute some simple commands. I will try and make it easier for people to set these up with a few clicks in a future version, and then you guys can experiment with both and find the ideal setup.

At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong, what is important is how moved you are by the music playback. I am running a lot of XiaoMi and other IoT devices (Lights, switches, vacuum, motion sensors, etc). For my case connecting everything back to the router, or bridging is no good. Splitting up the network into it's own VLAN does give me better sound. But it's after a bit of hard work and experimenting to get to where I am.

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 11:58:45 | 顯示全部樓層
agent_kith 發表於 2019-2-15 11:34
Using a different subnet is a direct connection too, and it's also a dedicated "private" road betw ...

Thanks a lot.
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 12:09:23 | 顯示全部樓層
agent_kith 發表於 2019-2-15 11:34
Using a different subnet is a direct connection too, and it's also a dedicated "private" road betw ...

Yeap.  Getting a private network is even better.  Have you tried setting up your DHCP to do this?
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 17:47:16 | 顯示全部樓層
Using something called pfSense. This does my inter-vlan routing, DNS and DHCP. Made a mistake with my earlier post, it's NAS <-> Switch <-> CAS. (No routing involved if on same VLAN, but still 1 extra hop).

不過network topology可算錦上添花的tweak。有其他更重要的。如Ground loop hum (CAS最大問題), absolute phase, 搞掂這兩個,已是成功一大半了。

之后再用蛇油搞low latency, Real Time (RT) Kernel, Real Time priority, CPUSet, 播放软件(MPD / Squeezelite / JRiver / Roon / HQPlayer/XMMS等等)。慢慢找出那奇妙的音樂感覺。

自吹自擂就此告一段落。真不好好意思,因為真的太久沒寫中文了。一發不可收拾。
如果各位師兄有任何feature,或nativeDSD支持,我會盡力而為做到。

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2019-2-15 18:49:54 來自手機 | 顯示全部樓層
agent_kith 發表於 2019-2-15 17:47
Using something called pfSense. This does my inter-vlan routing, DNS and DHCP. Made a mistake with m ...

Agent Kith, 請問 CPUset 係咪assign only 1 core for music player最好聲?定 1 core for System 最好聲? Thanks a lot!
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 19:15:33 | 顯示全部樓層
Using something called pfSense. This does my inter-vlan routing, DNS and DHCP. Made a mistake with m ...

用DC 的server 來處理ground loop 可以嗎?
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2019-2-15 19:17:10 | 顯示全部樓層

Please elaborate the context of "absolute phase".
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新用戶註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|小黑屋|聯絡我們|刊登廣告|Hiendy.com 影音俱樂部 一個屬於音響愛好者的家

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 00:26 , Processed in 0.036692 second(s), 13 queries .