新喇叭,用DSP 調校去應對聆聽空間特性,賣US$1,799。根據網頁香港有位Dick YU 代理。
https://www.techhive.com/article ... -alpha-speaker.html
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2021-5-21 07:51:19 來自手機 | 顯示全部樓層
momei 發表於 2021-5-21 06:38
新喇叭,用DSP 調校去應對聆聽空間特性,賣US$1,799。根據網頁香港有位Dick YU 代理。
https://www.techhiv ...

Thanks for sharing, that's interesting, and expecting!
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-5-29 07:33:09 | 顯示全部樓層
節錄自absolute sound 的Jonathan Valin 本月講述LP 的缺點。
There were and are multiple reasons for R2R tape’s sonic superiority. For one thing, a tape is duplicated directly from a copy of a mastertape (or a copy of the edited work parts derived from same) via two synchronized recorders. The process is simple and straightforward. As most of you know, making a vinyl record is a far more lossy procedure, typically involving several generations of metal “fathers and mothers,” stampers, and vinyl pucks that must be engraved and flattened under pressure.

For another, outside of their transport mechanisms tapes recorders have no moving parts. Where a phono cartridge’s stylus wiggles up and down and side to side as it traces the modulations engraved in an LP’s grooves, sending those physical vibrations to magnets or coils (which also move) at the other end of a cantilever, the “heads” on RTR decks are fixed and stationary. They simply scan the magnetic signals pre-recorded on the tapes passing beneath them, converting them into electrical signals (via their built-in head amps) without having to compensate for the mass, inertia, and relative imprecision of moving parts.

For a third, tapes (or at least 15ips tapes) are inherently higher in fidelity than LPs. Not only are they much closer to the source, the greater width of their tracks (vis-à-vis a record’s grooves) also means more information is laid down and preserved in each channel, while the higher speed at which those tracks are scanned makes for smoother, more extended frequency response (particularly in the bass), a more naturally “continuous” (less step-like, more ramp-like) presentation of dynamic gradients, and (with tape’s richer and fuller bottom octaves and slight compression of the top treble) a distortion profile that is closer to that of the human ear—a warmth and sweetness that are very natural and musical.

回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-5-29 07:45:56 | 顯示全部樓層
近年的錄音都是數碼,用數碼錄音製成LP就是將两者的缺點加埋一起重播。
買數碼錄音最好是從數碼母带抄出来的數碼光碟,因為成本畧高所以賣價貴些,
少人買,幾間公司不再出,现時只提供下載。
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-7-25 11:28:19 | 顯示全部樓層
Blue Coast 嘅 Cookie Marenco 和 Sheffield 嘅
Lincoln Mayorga 都係表演级音樂人。佢哋嘅錄音都係以音樂人聴到嘅聲音為標準。聴hifi 嘅朋友可以參巧一下佢哋嘅意見。
Cookie Marenco 剛發出嘅介绍::
Cookie Marenco
Why I record music

I didn't set out to be an audio engineer. It was an accident. A story for another day

I was a musician and composer from early on. Piano, oboe and sitar were my instruments. I had 80 piano students in any given week, was invited to play oboe orchestras, had 3 experimental bands and was a sideperson in many jazz ensembles.

Early on, I was taught to listen, feel and react to the music around me. Like any great team, listening to those around you elevates the music to new heights as you become one with the sound.

In the studio, we're trained to get the 'best sound' not always the best performance. After 20 years, I began to resent the idea of playing in isolated rooms with headphones and doing multiple overdubs because that's exactly what it sounded like... isolation - musicians not playing together.

Often times, they didn't even play with their instrument as they sang. You've seen the pictures... glorified in a wood room, under headphones, singing into a microphone. I bought into that model for 20 years and got good at it.

But I found what I personally enjoyed was the simplicity of a guitar and voice. Or a small group of musicians rehearsing without headphones. I moment captured sometimes without their knowledge.

So my next 20 years was spent finding musicians who weren't afraid to give their all for a performance. I celebrate those musicians who faced the fear of putting all their insecurities and passion on the line.

Those are the moments I bring to you on Blue Coast Records. Real people playing, listening and experiencing the music together.

One of my favorite albums... Blue Coast Collection 4.

Have a wonderfully peaceful weekend,

Cookie Marenco
Blue Coast Records

回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-9-18 14:59:58 | 顯示全部樓層
聴現場真聲比較一下套音響嘅聲音差别。有免费也有要買飛的。
https://www.westkowloon.hk/tc/jazzfest#overview
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-12-24 08:34:38 | 顯示全部樓層
why reel to reel tape copy is  so expensive
https://bluecoastmusic.com/cooki ... its-not-that-simple

早幾年都有细公司,例如Reference Recordings 將數碼母带抄落CD ROM 賣,可能少人買,不再造了。
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2022-5-29 10:22:14 | 顯示全部樓層
話係最靓聲嘅server 和 DAC
https://www.theabsolutesound.com ... erence-music-server
不知道Wadax是否仍然是御品代理。部CD機我疫情前就聴過,明知我唔係有帮襯都招待我聽個幾鐘

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2022-5-29 10:26:31 | 顯示全部樓層
我唔知呢個作者係邊個。佢寫得相當好,所以给大家分享。
https://m.facebook.com/story.php ... id=1375795022474575
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2022-6-7 19:02:13 | 顯示全部樓層
momei 發表於 2022-5-29 10:22
話係最靓聲嘅server 和 DAC
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/wadax-atlantis-reference-music-s ...

{:5_486:}
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2022-6-8 04:25:04 | 顯示全部樓層
momei 發表於 2022-5-29 10:26
我唔知呢個作者係邊個。佢寫得相當好,所以给大家分享。
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfb ...

寫這篇的作者是 Roman。小弟有幸家訪過他。這是2年半前的相。Theaudiobeat 的 Roy Gregory 也家訪過他。

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/visits/hong_kong_system.htm
Screenshot_20220607-132212_Gallery.jpg

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2022-6-15 04:30:53 | 顯示全部樓層
謝謝資料。
原来香港咁多一级發燒友。
嗰位Roy Gregory 好音響文章寫得極好
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2023-8-11 21:46:06 | 顯示全部樓層
2023 HiFi Show at Convention Centre
After a hiatus of three years for avoiding Covid,  I returned to the Show today.
*I bought the ticket in advance online and obviated the need to queue up for some 45 minutes as in previos years. Could go straight to the counter and obtain the stuff for entry,  a great improvement indeed.
*I first scoured the rooms on all three floors in order to have a glimpse of what were on display.
*Only 4 rooms had gears that interested me.
*the large MBL speakers were playing and they usually slotted among my  top three picks at the Show. Sadly not this time. The first track was “Got You under my Skin in the “Live in Paris” album by Diana Krall. Good centre fill but her voice was too bright with a thick layer of sheen. The second track was an instrumental one and strangely the sound was pushed to two sides with no centre fill. On the left there was that percussion instrument sounding so bright such that I was unable to tell whether it was a vibraphone or xylophone. The violin sound on the right was glassy as well. I never heard the large MBL sounding so disappointing.
*I stayed for a lengthy time in the Audio Exotics room. There were two large speakers supplemented by two 18”woofers. ( unable to read the brand properly, something like GAEEL)Needless to say the sound was gorgeously loud given  such a large setup.  Sound source came from a streamer going into a Bulgarian DAC. KK Wong there was hospitable and on my return session he played me two LP tracks. (I had some reservations about the sound and requested an alternativd sound source in order to find out whether the issue arose from the streamer and DAC). The first vinyl track was Carmina Burana by Telac and the second was from Cantate Domino. The sound was better but still....
Wong told me the speakers just arrived, being fresh and had little run-in prior to the Show.
*The first encounter in the Crystal Clear room was a pair of bookshelves on stands called Minisimmo. They were amazing little ones, sounding very smooth (for example the violin solo of Meditation composed by Thais) and in an orchestral piece, the sound spread  across the room with good layering and centre fill. No doubt they suit very suit the typical listening rooms in HK.
*I returned to the Crystal Clear room again for a second session, very early there to secure the centre seat in the front row. Whilst waiting for the session to begin, I wrote the first part of this piece .
*The Symphony 5 speakers are hugh. The team explained in detail the design features and concepts. One very unique option built into the speakers is a switch for choosing either the diamond or ribbon tweeter. That is to suit the owner 's preference for high frequency and for different types of music. Except for the cymbal sound of a drum set, I opt for the ribbon. A variety of CD tracks were played and I consider the sound the best I heard in the Show.
Anyone going to the Show, I  would suggest listening to  these speakers attentively in a good seat.
* I was interested in but had no chance to listen to the big 啞鈴 speakers. Either the playing session had finished when I went in, or at the second visit, had to stand behind occupied seats for perhaps 45 minutes awaiting the next session.
xxxxxxx

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2023-8-17 09:04:53 | 顯示全部樓層
I have a little time to spare before going to swim and use it now to talk a bit more about the Siltech Symphony 5.
*I find it a bit strange that the Siltech team used the whole session to ask attendees for each music track played whether the diamond or the ribbon tweeter was preferred. I would have thought that as manufacturer they should tell potential buyers what type of music each tweeter was better suited and played tracks switching between the two to educate listeners the manufacturer's design objective of providing both in the speaker. The lady boss confirmed that the diamond tweeter had been run in.
*After hearing the several tracks played, I think I know which one to choose for different types of music.
For small works with string instruments, woodwinds and voices the ribbon should be used. But for rock and pop concert recordings, drum solo tracks and those in which cymbals, triangles, gongs are to be heard loud,  the diamond tweeter should be engaged. Also for reproducing the sound of brass instruments.

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2023-8-17 10:19:54 | 顯示全部樓層
Brother, Welcome back to the HiFi show !!
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2023-8-17 17:12:58 | 顯示全部樓層
Simcity 發表於 2023-8-17 10:19
Brother, Welcome back to the HiFi show !!

I see that you play a baby grand and listen to top end equipment. Envy you

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新用戶註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|小黑屋|聯絡我們|刊登廣告|Hiendy.com 影音俱樂部 一個屬於音響愛好者的家

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 09:08 , Processed in 0.035514 second(s), 17 queries .