找回密碼
 新用戶註冊
搜索
熱搜: hifi av 音樂
樓主: S6Edge

[其他] Really so many "water fishes" at neighbouring forum???

[複製鏈接]
 樓主| 發表於 2016-3-23 14:35:05 | 顯示全部樓層
This Argento cable owner continues to look for W fishes:

Asking for HKD5K for a VDM Reference Digital and HKD8K for a pair of VDM Reference XLS (1 meter).  However, another pal earlier sold off a pair of Flow RCA for less than HKD10K (as the offering price at the Neighbouring site was HKD10K and it would be fair there were some discounts off the offering price).

And the same Argento proud owner continued to claim his VDM Reference was the TOP model (hinting that there was a VDM entry level) back then but cleverly enough NOT to disclose the introduction time for this series.  Research online however indicates that:

1. The cable was introduced in 2003 or earlier time as a thread from Taiwan mentioned the below:

Serenity Reference是Serenity系列裡第一款成功取代"VDM Reference"的線材.

"VDM Reference"是Argento最早期的線材,在2003年獲得香港"HiFi"雜誌的最佳

線材獎."

That is Serenity Reference replaced VDM Reference in 2003.  And now Serenity series is just the entry level of Argento, followed by the Flow and the Flow Reference.

2. Quite some other Argento owners claimed to own another Argento cable called VDM Master Reference AT THE SAME TIME as VDM Reference.  This means that VDM Reference is NOT the top series even back then.  And nowhere could I find a series called VDM (without the reference or SE or anything!).

3. Charging HKD5K for an entry level Argento Digital which has been using (and deteriorating) for at least 14 years must be very "reasonable" ha ha!

Maybe some pals here can share more historic background of Argento cables :)
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-23 14:41:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Another pal posting "法國Ruritarian Conservatoire SG 頂級數碼線" for sale but there has been almost zero information online on this cable.

This makes the place of production very much in doubt.

Indeed one "Hung Kor" from AV Consignment once claimed this was a "silver cable" but later changed his tone and said "I never said it is a PURE silver cable".

Again another snake cable makers looking for W fishes (another one must be NXX, which some Taiwanese told me that they help OEMed many of their series!)
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-24 05:20:47 | 顯示全部樓層
Another pal at ## looking for Water Fishes:

出售: XLO 5.1 speaker cables 喇叭線

A nearly twenty year old speaker cable with significant degeneration in both the copper strand inside and even the dielectric, asking for HKD6,700?

Remember even some twenty years ago, a nearly new (e.g. second hand XLO5.1 not Nth handed) only sold for HKD8K! (for a 2.5 meter pair).

Copper wires' depreciation factor are very high in HK's damp situation (HK is very wet, as claimed by significant members at R##!).  That is why most audiophiles find Western Electric's so-called "legendary" "pure" copper cables (another scam for sure!) terribly blurred.  Remember where high frequency signals travel.  Yeah over the Copper Oxide surface!  And frankly most metal will show significant aging (in physical metrics such as strength or crystallization (remind me of VDH and/or Acoustic Revive's so-called LONG single copper crystal structure) in about twenty years' time.

Remember:  Everything degenerates over time!  
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-24 17:01:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Again another R## looking for water fishes:

出售:(二手少放) Cary C306 極品旗艦前級,行貨齊包裝13年尾一手購入98%新貨有單!!!   
行貨齊包裝,97%新有單,原訂價$59,XXX。
大蝕賣$24,700
-------------------------------------
Please note that a BRAND NEW C306 + A306 asks for RMB65,000 at Taobao.  Also remember there is tariff for items importing to China.

Hence HKD24,700 is almost the brand new street price for C306 selling in HONG KONG!

IN US Audio Mart : http://www.usaudiomart.com/detai ... e_audiophile_sound/

A C306 asks for USD2,000 only!!!

Yeah so many water fishes at ##???
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-25 01:07:48 | 顯示全部樓層
Ching, what's your intention for degrading that website?  I have often used it for buy and sell goods and I found them much more active than other websites as its got HITS!  You are pointing out a few items out which are priced out of market out of many hundreds so its not really a fair reflection of the products there.  Let it go la...
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-25 02:36:07 | 顯示全部樓層
hkfootie 發表於 2016-3-25 01:07
Ching, what's your intention for degrading that website?  I have often used it for buy and sell good ...

I don't think he intends to degrade that website, I think he is just trying to point out how unjust the prices are set by some of the sellers, albeit in a negative manner. It is true that there are some gullible people out there, but I don't think there are many. As I said before, it is a fair game and a free market. How do we value 'something'? It is very personal. Some may prefer a S6 Edge over iPhone 6.
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-25 13:18:12 | 顯示全部樓層
我覺得他有俠義感,提醒各人要小心。
My salute to S6Edge!
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-25 14:53:21 | 顯示全部樓層
Pals, no intention to degrade 33.  Quote some of the stuff there as the Forum remains the largest 2nd hand market for used hifi gears (I suppose!)

Surely buy and sell of hifi gears should be a "fair game and a free market".  However we have to admit that, as an audiophile we easily get "fever" having brainwashed by "sin articles" of HIFI Magazines and/or comments online.

Just try to pour cold water to us (including myself!) while reminding sellers there (or here) that information today is HIGHLY transparent.  No longer easily buff around and dispose of your decade-old gear just a few hundreds off the first hand price!

More interesting (or harsh) comments to come...mostly based on ultra-high asking prices/unrealistic description (such as 98% new..why 98% not 97% or 95% by the way?)

評分

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-26 02:00:11 | 顯示全部樓層
S6Edge 發表於 2016-3-25 14:53
Pals, no intention to degrade 33.  Quote some of the stuff there as the Forum remains the largest 2n ...

Well said. I totally agree. And Yes, buyers beware, do your homework before making a decision unless you have lots of money to spare. Those people unable to bare the risk of buying used products should stay away.

Buyers should also be careful about the information being gathered from the available sources, including magazines and the internet. Public forums are highly dangerous where there are many dealers disguised as regular participants promoting their products.

Yes, I always wonder how to quantify that '95%' condition of a particular gear, what is the missing 5%?
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-26 07:34:05 來自手機 | 顯示全部樓層
Why not express in the same forum? Or even make the commment at the sales post concerned? What could be achieved by doing a right thing in a irrelevant platform?
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-26 09:25:16 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 chaucer 於 2016-3-26 22:22 編輯
scholes530 發表於 2016-3-26 07:34
Why not express in the same forum? Or even make the commment at the sales post concerned? What could ...

Can't agree more.

Why not put comments there instead is a something I could't understand.

有人有豐富經驗及洞察力,但不一定有熱心腸。

在事發現場百里外舞劍弄刀到底如何體現俠義?
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-26 13:00:18 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 eds60 於 2016-3-26 13:02 編輯

其實有一些賣家叫價比正常賣出價高, 有什麼稀奇。 任何網上買賣網或商店都會發生。就算係同一張二手唱碟差價亦會很大。 買二手器材或二手唱碟,買家應該自己做 research, 硏究下大約值幾錢。買二手線, 那條線是何系列, 是否兩代定三代前的產品。 自己都好應該硏究下。現在上網咁方便找資料,又有網上討論區請教師兄。 唔肯定的東西或覺得叫價太高未唔好買囉。

我自己在網上買二手機、線材和配件都20年了。 以前找資料那有現在咁方便。因我住在加拿大,沒有香港咁多二手店或私人出讓。
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-26 16:05:18 | 顯示全部樓層
佢開呢個價但唔代表佢賣得到!放野經驗係先獅子開大口,唔得就把口逐步收細
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-26 22:51:47 | 顯示全部樓層
放野經驗係先獅子開大口,唔得就把口逐步收細
-----------------------------
Frankly it is this kind of attitude that leads to the significantly low successful transactions at R##!  Asking for a skyrocket high price expecting others will only offer at 10% or 20% off while still making good sums ignores the very fact that the high information flow today.  To  the very least, many of us can access to the Bluebook at Audiogon, and even more have twenty or more experience with most gears, knowing  not only the first hand price but the TREND in most brands over the course of their history.

This is why the pal could hard sell off his Wadia 2000 DAC for nearly half a year!

Another reason for the low successful rate at R## is the current owner/manager tries hard to let the forum to express their own political agenda (e.g. hatred towards mainlanders and spreading bad news for the Communist Party).  The famous (or infamous) manager there KO considerable of long-term members (who show up here or at 76!), and many of these members (who may hold different point of view towards the current 689 government or broadly, towards the extreme views of R##) are wealthy and experienced audiophiles who have deep pockets! KO them is to KO potential sig. buyers.
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-30 04:25:21 | 顯示全部樓層
More water fishes "seekers":

出售: M2Tech Vaughan 旗艦解碼 (可用內置電池驅動)  

價錢 HK$: 25000
於調景嶺試機交收, 有興趣請 PM 聯絡交收, 但抱歉不議價, 謝謝!
------------------------------
A gear introduced in 2012/2013, played hard for three years and no degeneration at all?

No bargain?  Does this pal know the second hand price in America or EU?  (Only equivalent to HKD21K or less, and rapidly dropping as most other digital front end!)

Water fishes abound???
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-30 04:27:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Another one:

Esoteric 全套SACD(僅開封用rip了一遍iso)有意詳聊!!!
-------------------------------
Does this pal know what is meant by NEW?  And pardon me you've already infringed private property rights by copying to your own hard drive!!!
回復

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2016-3-30 04:28:48 | 顯示全部樓層
And consequence of treating others as dumb:

出售: Argento VDM Reference XLR - 1m   
$6800-
---------------------
From an original asking price of HKD8500!
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-30 08:48:20 | 顯示全部樓層
市場行為存在即合理······唯有自己多做功課唔做“水魚”咯
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-30 10:56:52 | 顯示全部樓層
scholes530 發表於 2016-3-26 07:34
Why not express in the same forum? Or even make the commment at the sales post concerned? What could ...

你估hiendy無......d師兄仲死得慘烈......
回復

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2016-3-30 11:19:49 | 顯示全部樓層
jingman 發表於 2016-3-30 10:56
你估hiendy無......d師兄仲死得慘烈......

My concern is "relevance" - if it happens at R33, why not deal with it there.  Nothing constructive by doing something right in a wrong platform
R33.jpg
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 新用戶註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|小黑屋|聯絡我們|刊登廣告|Hiendy.com 影音俱樂部 一個屬於音響愛好者的家

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 13:29 , Processed in 0.058991 second(s), 18 queries .